These days, we are bombarded with facts, figures and statistics - and I'm here to give you even more! Except this time, they are completely pointless and will add nothing to your day, but are so pointless they are indeed quite cool...
1. On average, people fear spiders more than death itself
Yup, it's true (and to be honest hardly surprising!), that people genuinely fear spiders more than they do their own death. Considering most spiders in the UK are genuinely harmless - this is pretty shocking!
2. Only one person in two billion will live to see their 116th Birthday
Okay, so I know so far these facts have been rather morbid and I will try to pick things up - BUT how cool is that? All I can think about is how much this might change over the next few years, and whether more than just one person in two billion will be able to welcome in their 116th Birthday, interesting...
3. Women blink nearly twice as much as men
You were warned, this is a list of completely pointless facts and if you're sat there thinking 'well, that's pointless', maybe you need to reevaluate why you're here!
4. In the English language, no other words rhymes with the word 'month'
*Cue going wrecking your brains to find one word which might just rhyme* "Sconth, tronth, wonth, ponth, asonth" - nope, they won't, n o t h i n g will! TRUST ME.
5. A snail has the ability to sleep for three years
And suddenly I'm questioning why I wasn't born as a snail and hopefully wishing I get reincarnated into a snail, what a weird Saturday morning this is turning into...
6. 'Typewriter' is the longest word you could possibly type from the top row on the keyboard
*The longest word you could type which makes sense, of course. You could go rouge and type 'qwertyuioppoiuytrewq'...
7. Butterflies taste with their feet
Yep, I went there, wow what an exhilarating list this is turning out to be!!
8. It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
Try it next time (if you have enough time to think about it), and I swear to you, it is genuinely impossible!
9. The first CD to be made in the USA was Bruce Springsteen's album "Born in the USA"
How cool is that? Probably one of the best facts to come from this list (which I genuinely didn't know, and if you already knew I am sorry), but how fitting is that?
10. If you yelled for a total of 8 years, 7 months and 6 days continuously you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee
I'm not sure who tried and tested this, but God help them whoever they are! Now, I love nothing more than a hot cuppa joe, but somehow yelling for a total of 8 years, 7 months and 6 days for one seems a tad ridiculous (bless the kettle forever!)
Got an interesting yet pointless fact to share?! Shout about it!
If you're a frequent reader, then you'll know I want to hear from you around about now. Maybe you have got an equally pointless fact you'd love to share? Get the conversation started in the comments below... Lets try and keep it clean guys!